Information regarding the issues of photographic and video recording of the events held by Northern Riga Cultural Association , storage and publication of photographic / video materials.
On May 25, 2018, Latvia has adopted the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter – the Regulation).
- In observance of this Regulation, we hereby inform that the events held by Northern Riga Cultural Association may be photographed or recorded on video for the purposes of media coverage and keeping the history of Northern Riga Cultural Association, and the data thus obtained can be published at the websites of the Northern Riga Cultural Associationand the Municipality of Riga, on social networks and in other media in order to preserve, study and promote the cultural processes, cultural values and the cultural and historical heritage of the city of Riga, as well as to gather, document and preserve tangible and intangible cultural values.
- While visiting or participating in public events held by Northern Riga Cultural Association, visitors and participants can be photographed and/or recorded on video; apart from that, they may be asked for an interview or an opinion on the course of the event. At that, records will be kept of your first name, surname and any additional information you may want to provide.
- Please be informed that you have the right to demand access to your personal data from the Operator and receive precise information on the exact scope of your personal data at the Operator’s disposal, the purposes for which the Operator processes such personal data, categories of recipients of personal data (persons or entities that are granted access to personal data or intended to be granted access to personal data, if the provisions of regulatory acts permit the Operator to disclose such information in this specific case (for instance, the Operator may not provide the Data Subject with information on the respective government authorities that act as initiators of criminal proceedings, subjects of investigative activities, or other agencies that may not be disclosed in accordance with the provisions of regulatory acts)), information on the period of storage of personal data or the criteria used to define such period. If the Data Subject deems the information at the Operator’s disposal to be outdated, imprecise or false, the Data Subject may demand his/her personal data to be corrected.
- The Data Subject may request his/her personal data to be deleted or object against the processing thereof, if he/she deems the personal data to be processed illegally, or if these are no more required for the initial purposes of gathering and/or processing thereof (in pursuance of the “right to be forgotten” principle).
- The Operator hereby informs that the personal data of a Data Subject may not be deleted if these must be processed in order:
5.1. for the Operator to be able to protect vital interests, including the life and health of the Data Subject or any other individual;
5.2. to protect the Operator’s property;
5.3.for the Operator or a third party to be able to claim, enforce or protect its lawful (legitimate) interests;
5.4.to perform archiving procedures in accordance with the regulatory acts of the Republic of Latvia that govern the issues of archive formation.
- Northern Riga Cultural Association hereby informs that the personal data operator for the purpose of personal data processing is the Municipality of Riga (Northern Riga Cultural Association) contact details: 2 Ropažu Street, Riga, LV-1039, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Personal data protection specialist – Centre for Data Protection and Information Technology Security of the Riga City Council, address: 5 Kr. Valdemāra Street, Riga, LV-1010.
- Personal data acquired in the course of events held by Northern Riga Cultural Association– photographic and/or video materials – are stored at the websites and social network pages of the Northern Riga Cultural Association and the Riga Municipality for 5 (five) years after the publication thereof. No data is transferred to third parties unless this is required by the provisions of effective regulatory acts or on request of law enforcement agencies.
- Northern Riga Cultural Association assumes no responsibility for photographic and/or video materials that contain personal data from any events held within the premises of Northern Riga Cultural Association by third parties; in these cases, you have the right to object against being photographed and/or filmed by addressing the photographer / video operator during the event or by contacting the host of the event.